What is Wicca? What isn't Wicca?

Pagan Nation Forums Pagan Nation Central Wicca & Religious Witchcraft What is Wicca? What isn't Wicca?

•  
    Shares
  •   
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  treesinger 4 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

A.J. Drew
    Keymaster

So here is a fun topic for the first post of the newly created forum on Wicca: What is Wicca and what is not Wicca?  I ask because I have no clue anymore and I have written books on the subject.  You see, before I joined the Army the word was reserved for Gardenarians, Alexandrians, and more formal traditions.  Everyone else was just pagan.

After I came back, Scott Cunningham’s book Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, had become so popular that it seemed everyone was Wiccan.  With that came the sense that everything was Wiccan.  Ah, but attack the word to your own tradition, structure or ideology and folk line up to say that it is not Wicca.  So you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

So there you have it: What is Wicca and what is not Wicca?

•  
      Shares

•   
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

treesinger
    Participant

I am surprised that noone has responded to this yet.  I am still in my first year of studying the Craft but I  will at least lay out an answer for the first question as I  understand it thus far…

Being Wiccan to me means following the Wiccan Laws to the best of my ability.  The laws are laid out primarily in the Rede. The main rule is to not cause harm to others.  Wicca honors the Lord of Heaven and Lady of Earth as Father and Mother of us all. Wicca seeks to stay in tune with nature, to nurture and protect our world.  Wicca protects and celebrates life. We must always be mindful of the repurcussions of our actions and take responsibility for them.  

As my own path continues I will likely discover more to add to this topic.

Thanks for putting up woth the ramblings of a beginner.

Blessed be,

Treesinger.

•  
    •   
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.